Friday, November 28, 2008

Is This What Makes the World Go Round?

The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer


I have love and relationships on my mind. This a topic on which I have so much to say but organizing my written thoughts in an appropriate manner is somewhat of a challenge for me. As a result, this short post has taken me almost a week to write.

People spend their lives searching for that special someone to love them unconditionally simply for what we are about.

Love and relationships take a whole lot of work by both parties. People change so it goes without saying that love can and will change as well. Sometimes, if you both nurture it, this love grows and blossoms with you, but if neglected, it can fade or it simply changes to a different kind of love. This I know.

I am a completely different person than I was five years ago or even ten years ago. The love that I once had has faded and changed, and I can't see it ever coming back. It did not make the change with me. It is still waiting for the old me to come back, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think I even want to make it possible.

This was not what I had planned and it devastates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment