Friday, November 14, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know


I am an inquisitive person by nature. I like to learn new things. I enjoy meeting new people, especially people with different cultures, beliefs, morals, etc. I always have a lot of questions of them as well.

I have met my share of interesting people. Please note that simply because I have met these people and had conversations with them, it does not mean that I have or will ever take part in these lifestyles. I am, however, fascinated by them and their uniqueness. I have the utmost admiration for people who dare to be their true self.

I recently met a naturist, more commonly known as a nudist. I had so many questions. Life with no clothes. Personally, I think the whole thing would just freak me out, but these people think nothing of their nakedness. How different. I suppose my whole thing is separating nudity and sex. A naturist's distaste for clothing is not about sex. For me, naked=sex.

I am fascinated by the whole concept though. Again, don't take my fascination with wanting to try it or even judging it. Clothes shopping would simply not be the same, and really, what is life without shopping? I have no desire to take part, but wow, to be that comfortable with your body would be truly liberating. "This is me as I am."

I have bouts were I am very comfortable with my body and times when I don't want to see myself in the mirror, let alone have someone else look at me. It depends on which aspect of my personality is more pronounced that day. Some days, I feel bold and saucy and other days, I will avoid looking you in the eye. I'm not sure why. This is how I've always been. It confuses me too. Sometimes I feel like a nut and sometimes I don't.

We may get our first snow storm this weekend. I plan on curling up on the couch with a book and a blanket.

Love to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment