Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Seatbelt Sign is ON!!!!


I have PMS today which means that it doesn't take much for people to annoy the crap out of me. Have you ever seen the stop-smoking commercial where the airline stewardess is shrieking, "The seat belt sign is on!!" That is so me.

I haven't been writing here nearly as much as I would like. It seems that I go through these ebbs and flows of wanting to share and connect and being downright anti-social. Lately my anti-social qualities have been winning the battle.

I all too often deny my problems and I guess coming here really makes me THINK about them. Also, because I know so many of you, I cannot be real honest about some of my issues because, well, although I like to share, there are some things that are just not appropriate for public information, just as there are some stories that cannot be told until they are finished. I suppose that my having the blahs of late only makes me want to hide from my crap more.

At times, I also feel like my blog is a big whinefest and self absorbed and it embarasses me a bit. I guess that is the intention of a blog though--It's a diary of sorts and who in the heck I am supposed to write about--my neighbour who is obsessed with having the shortest grass on the block? (I will tell you about him someday. Just think of him as Mr. Shortgrass for now.)

People like reading about others--or at least some do. A blog is the one opportunity where you can shamelessly rummage through someone else's head. Humans crave connections with others and I guess the people who enjoy reading blogs the most are the ones who feel a connection or can relate one way or another.

I will try my damnedest not to hide and to continue posting, even if they are short and sweet. Sweet is good.

Hope you like the new blog look!

No comments:

Post a Comment