Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Questions?

This past weekend, a student who worked in our office was killed in a car accident. I didn't know her all that well as we didn't have many dealings with each other but from what I saw and knew, she was a young bright girl with a future to which she could look forward.

I'm not sure why, but I pondered her death for days after it occurred. I couldn't help but wonder how she felt that day and if she felt any different. You know those days when you feel strangely detached from yourself? I just wonder if maybe she felt a little off, you know, that in some way, fate was giving her a little hint as to what was to come.

Do you know that these things are going to happen to you beforehand but perhaps it's all subconscious and you don't recognize it for what it is? Do your thoughts just end right there? Does your "soul" continuing thinking? If so, does your soul even know the body is dead?

Yes, I have a strange fascination with death.

I came across a post that impressed me the other day. Ha, it impressed me so much that I proceeded to forward the link to it to every female in my office with the hopes of instilling the author's wisdom upon them. Alas, not one of them seemed to appreciate it.

May I just say that it frustrates me to no end that people don't really seem to care about "things" and when I say things, I mean everything. Why don't more people care about what Bush is doing to this world, about the shallowness that is being taught to our children, about the importance of lasting friendships and about just trying to be the best person you can be?

Really, is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment