Friday, September 28, 2007

CHEM 101

Chemistry. You cannot define it and you cannot deny it. It is an inexplicable feeling of being drawn to someone.

My therapist and I have been talking about chemistry and how important it is to relationships so it has been on my mind as of late. It is not necessarily about how a person looks as you can have two outwardly equal beautiful people, yet there will be one towards whom you will feel MORE drawn. Their smell, their touch and all those yummy non-visible senses come into play with chemistry.

Notice that I use the word "outwardly" when referring to someone who looks good. I think it's a shame that we call people who look good "beautiful". I don't feel that someone who simply looks good deserves to be called beautiful. Beauty makes me think of someone as a whole...inside and outside.....and there are far too many aesthetically pleasing asses out there.

There is beauty or a peacefulness you can see in a person who feels comfortable in their skin and with themselves. This person is not threatened by the beliefs of others. They are confident in what they believe themselves to be. To be honest, I don't think I've known anyone who has completely attained this inner peace but to me, inner peace is a goal well-worth chasing.

Chemistry and peace, keep coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment