Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?

Because I do. I have a small group of people in my life that I love dearly. One of those dear friends lost his girlfriend recently. My heart has been hurting for him.

My mother died when I was 11. I was young--too young to understand. I couldn't imagine the pain of loosing someone I loved now, as an adult.

Anyways, I guess if something happened to me or to you, I would just want you to know how much you are appreciated and loved. Yo, I got your back even.

People come into your life for a reason. This, I've always believed but I've been thinking about it more lately. Putting the pieces together so to speak. I've met each one of you in my life for a reason:

You there sprawled in front of the computer, you have taught me that forgiveness is actually easier than being angry.
You have taught me the value of a real friend.
And you, I could not leave you out. Because of you, I notice such things as the wind brushing over my arm.
You have taught me about acceptance and tolerance.
I could go on and on but sometimes there are things that more than one of you have taught/gave me and I'd confuse you and myself.

My daughter must have heard something at school about being "born" to do something. She's mentioned a few times that she believes she was born to do crafts. She asked me the other day what I was born to do.

I told her that I hadn't quite figured it out yet and laughed at myself. Here I was, embarrassed to admit to a seven year old that that I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing with my life or what I was "born" to do. But then, I thought one thing of which I was sure. I told her that I was "born" to be HER mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment